The District Municipality of Muskoka is the system manager for early learning and childcare in Muskoka and is responsible for Muskoka’s childcare system from birth to 12 years of age.
The District offers programs, subsidies and information for parents, families and child care providers, as well as programs and services that support Early Years Professionals working with children and youth.
Here are a few programs that Children’s Services Division at the District offers to families in Muskoka
EarlyON Muskoka offers free, high-quality, indoor and outdoor drop-in programs for families and children from birth to 6 years old in locations all across Muskoka.
Children, parents, and caregivers can take part in a wide range of activities geared towards early child development in a fun and friendly environment.
Our programs also provide parents with an opportunity to gather resources and information regarding child development and other programs and services available to young children and their families. Virtual parent education nights as well as Baby Talk programs with amazing guest speakers are available to help support parents in their journey.
Please click here for more information about programs or call Chris at 705-394-4059.
Child Care Fee Subsidy
The District can help make child care more affordable for families in Muskoka by paying for some, or all of child care costs at a licensed or approved child care program.
Families can apply for fee subsidy if they are working, attending school, have a child with a special need, or have special needs themselves. The amount of coverage is based on a family’s financial situation.
Families can apply for fee subsidy by completing the online application or by calling the Children’s Services Department at 705-645-2412, ext. 4638.
Muskoka Home Child Care Agency, a home away from home
We view children as wondrous, joyful and inquisitive, and we find fulfillment in honouring their uniqueness. We pride ourselves on providing quality care in our community that supports families in feeling welcomed, valued, and connected as we create a learning environment that invokes curiosity and engagement while igniting a lifelong love of learning.
The Ministry of Education (MEDU) helps to guide our regulations and policies. Our dedication and drive comes from a continued reflection of quality care. Our passion drives us to continue researching this ever-evolving science as we grow as a team.
- The Muskoka Home Child Care Agency Team consists of one Manager, two Home Visitors, and a Case Aide.
- Collectively, our current staff team has 50+ years of experience in the childcare industry in various capacities. We are a dedicated and passionate team that believes strongly in working together to provide exceptional quality care to children and families of Muskoka.
- As advocates, mentors and support leaders, we build meaningful relationships with our Providers to enhance their knowledge, skill set and enthusiasm for working with children. We honour families’ unique journeys and feel privileged to be a part of nurturing each child’s future.
Contact the MHCCA team by email or by calling, 705-645-2412.
Children’s Services Community Facilitator
The Community Facilitator helps families by:
- Connecting them with medical, dental, developmental, behavioural, or other therapeutic services
- Obtaining birth certificates, health cards or other important documentation
- Linking them with parent support and resources
- Accessing funding for infant equipment, recreational activities and other needs
- Problem solving other unique challenges.
Contact Children’s Services Community Facilitator by calling 705-645-2412, ext. 4415